Learning Resource Selection for K-12 Educators Course (Revised)
Whether you are a beginning or experienced teacher, this one-hour introductory unit will support you in choosing appropriate resources for your classroom.
This course provides a Learning Resource Selection Model designed to support you in:
- Making informed and thoughtful choices
- Being aware of selection criteria and social considerations
Access the course through OpenSchoolBC: http://ocr.openschool.bc.ca/
Who Should Take This Course?
- Anyone who selects learning resources for use with, or by, students, including pre-service teachers, new teachers and experienced teachers/administrators.
What Will I Learn?
After completing the course, you will be able to:
- State your responsibilities as they relate to learning resource selection
- Understand our role in the formal resource evaluation process
- Access the K12 Evaluated Resource Collection
- Apply the Learning Resource Selection Model
- Make informed decisions when selecting learning resources for your classroom context
What is the Course Format & Outline?
- Self-paced 45 min. online course
- 4 modules, section quizzes and a final quiz
- Videos and illustrative case studies
- Introduction – Welcome
- Module 1 – Discover the Learning Resource Selection Model
- Module 2 – Check Reliable Resources
- Module 3 – Learning Resource Selection Criteria
- Module 4 – Make Your Decision
These modules were developed with support from OpenSchoolBC.